I'm doing Week in the Life with Ali Edwards. This isn't my first time doing it, but I've never completed an album. Maybe this year, I hope!
4:24 I slept better last night than I have been, but woke up earlier. Messed around trying to get a photo of my just woke up self, but I look pretty scary in my cpap! Turned off the machine, jotted down the results from last night, turned off the oxygen machine and took my morning thyroid pill. My everyday first thing rituals. It's not easy getting old!
5:22 John does a crossword puzzle every morning to help keep his mind working. I play a couple of computer games for the same reason, it makes me use my mind to figure things out.
5:28 I've been shooting the sunrise for a long time now, I feel weird if I don't welcome the sunrise by watching it and shooting it. It's getting earlier every day! Today was at about 5:28. It's also moving pretty fast now to its northern most point.
5:50 We had breakfast, John had cereal and toast, I had my usual peanut butter toast with Apricot Simply Fruit.
6:00 John did the dishes this am, he does the morning ones most mornings.

6:09 John went out and did some yard work and mowed Stone Crest, boy did he stir up the dirt while he was mowing! While he was mowing I found some photos Sandy is wanting.
7:00 I took a bath and got dressed, then I watered plants.
7:30 After that we both went up to the guest house and continued the cleaning we started last week. John has been using it for his art studio since 2011, out last summer in the Art Barn and I haven't cleaned or even spent much time up there. Boy did it need a cleaning! I guess artists don't clean. Moved all the furniture out of the bed area and swept and mopped, then I finished putting up the vinyl trim that has sat since we made this area into the art studio. I got all but one piece that goes behind the heater glued in place. We picked out the art we wanted to hang on the walls, got it all hung. Swept and mopped, now we just need to bag up all the extra art and store it.
10:30 John thought it would be good to have the art in see through bags, so we went to the dry cleaners and asked to buy some. The lady gave us 2 dozen bags! Since she was so sweet to us, we took her a raccoon print.
10:59 Came home and made lunch, sloppy Joe burgers on some of my homemade rolls. I need to make more, we're out of the burger buns and almost out of rolls. We watched a TV show about a search for Amelia Erhart then John took a nap and I got the mail in and blogged our morning.
1:00 After John got up we went back to the guest house and did more cleaning. We put all the art in the plastic bags we got and stored them. I'm so tired from going up and down the stairs. Wish I'd kept count how many times it was!
3:00 We took a break for a bit, then Don Turner showed up to visit with John, turns out the pain he's having in his legs is blood clots! Scary.
4:00 While John was visiting I read a bit then started moving stuff in my girl cave so I could put up the shade cloth we got. I spread it out and cut it and tried to put it up, but I'll need help to do that, it kept slipping and going crooked.
5:00 We were too tired to cook supper, so John went and picked up a chicken and some mashed potatoes at Safeway. Justin Taylor showed up just as he got home, so he visited with him for a bit then came in and we had supper. We watched Secrets of the Nazca while we ate and after. Almost forgot my evening sugar pill, good thing I remembered!
7:00 Sunset, I went out and got a few shots from the top of the stairs, yup, another trip up and back down, but it was worth it, it was so beautiful.
7:25 John took his melatonin and I took magnesium and ibprophen.
7:45 John helped me put up the shade cloth in my girl cave!
8:00 Caught up on this blog until 7:58, it's almost bedtime. Just have to do my bedtime rituals. John turns on my oxygen for me because it emits a horrible ear splitting noise when turned on and he says he's deaf to that frequency, thank goodness for that! I'd have to wear ear plugs to turn it on, don't know why they would do that! I have to fill up my cpap humidifier, wash my face and brush my teeth, then I can go to bed. I have to read for a while to get to sleep, hope to sleep better, we haven't been sleeping well lately.















No comments:
Post a Comment