Friday, May 13, 2016

Week In the Life Day 5 May 13, 2016

Wow, 5 days done, and I'm still here recording!

5:57 I got up, John said he hadn't been up for long.  He went down to make his coffee and did a repair on a hose while he was waiting.  I finished up yesterdays blog post.  I haven't added any pix yet, but I have the text all recorded, yea me!

Took my thyroid pill and set the timer for an hour.  I don't know why the wait, I guess food and other drugs interfere?

5:25  Shot the sunrise, it's just touching the pine tree now, not long until it reaches the far point and end of it's winter to summer journey.  Wish I could freeze it and keep it summer all year long!  Seems like winter is so much longer than summer. 

6:00 I got dressed, no shower yet, but I don't want to shower until I'm done gardening.  John cleaned the cooler and replaced a leaky part, it's all ready for summer now.  I checked my garden, the chili plants look good, I put plastic over the bed just in case of freezing weather.

8:00 I went to LeSueur's to pick up John, he left the putt there so they can check out the cooling, it's not getting cool.  On the way home I noticed that the burned house is being demolished!  Went home and got my big camera and went back and took some pix.

8:32 Home again, I worked in my garden and John started 2 more post holes.

8:58 Break time

Then back to my garden.  I planted zucchini and took the dirt out of my earth boxes.  They have bulged out in the middle and the soil gets down where the water is supposed to be and they don't work as well.  That took me a while and was hard work!  John helped me some, I was pounding in stakes to hold the sides in and he came up with the idea of making a metal support and did that for my last box. 

10:42  Stopped for lunch break, John is showering and I'm thinking I might sneak on in before lunch too!  My face feels sunburned. Oops! Not used to being out in the hot sun. 

11ish Ate leftovers for lunch outside in the Piney Woods

11:46 John nap me computer time

12:15  Me read and nap

1:14 I called in John's prescription refill,  we can pick it up after 3:30.  I'm having a hard time waking up, naps during the day leave me groggy for a long time, but sometimes I am just too tired not to nap!

2ish We went to the library and stopped on the way back to check on the putt, it was finished, so John drove it home.

3:10 I got home, shortly after Don Turner drove up and John went out to visit him, then 2 guys on bikes drove up and stayed for a long time.  Turned out it was Mike Green, John talked to him on Mother's Day, he was wanting to bring his grandson, who is a welder, by to see the sculptures.

4:00  On the computer again, posted a pix taken of us on Mother's Day on FB.  I put Ali's I'm in on it and people are wondering what that is about.  Don left a machine that printed checks and I went out to look at it, it's kind of cool. 

4:37  John is making green chili beans for supper.

5:00  I found a link to a wildfire app for the computer where I can check for fires around us and signed up.  Wonder if I'll be able to find it again, LOL.

5:19  Supper and TV.  Watched a show on Tesla and Edison and electricity.  I wonder why we were never told about Tesla in school, they made it sound  like Edison did it all.  So biased, wonder how much of history we were taught was wrong!

6:27  We went for an evening walk.  We walked to the corral down the street, it was getting dark so we turned around.  Stopped and visited with Sam and Katy on the way home and talked about Ray's house. 

7:30 Home, we took our Melatonin and Magnesium and ibuprofen.  John read and I did FB until bedtime.

8:21 Bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment